Responsibility for the environment is an integral part of the CSR and business strategy of Excess International Movers Limited.
Excess International Movers environmental mission:
To provide consistent, excellent service to our customers whilst adhering to the requirements of ISO 14001
We achieve our mission by:
- Understanding customers’ individual needs and delivering services to exceed their expectations.
- Providing a positive culture for our sta to learn and grow.
- Adopting best practice to reduce the impact of our business on the environment and the wider community.
- Carrying out its operations to manage and minimise any adverse environmental impact thereby demonstrate good citizenship.
- Adopting the highest standards in the removals industry.
- Meeting the requirements of ISO 14001.
- Complying with all applicable legal and other requirements on the company subscribes and which relate to its environmental aspects.
- Reducing waste and pollution generated by commercial activities through promotion of re-cycling, or re-use.
- Ensuring that the disposal of unusable waste is safe and minimises any long-term environmental impact.
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors to help reduce the impact of their operations on the environment.
- Ensuring all company vehicles are designed and maintained to give the maximum fuel eciency and minimum emissions.
- Maintaining its buildings to minimise their impact on the local environment.
- Providing information, instruction and training to sta to raise their awareness and encourage their involvement in developing environmental improvements.
- Promoting sustainable development for all our environmental activities, together with those aecting our governance to all our stakeholders and the wider community.
- Setting, monitoring and reviewing environmental objectives and targets.
- Implementing the above with a commitment to continual improvement in our environmental performance consistent with our Environmental Management Policy.
- Annually reviewing the Environmental Policy.
The Company will provide adequate and appropriate resources to implement this policy and ensure it is properly communicated and understood.
“It is my aim to continue encouraging initiative, adopting best practice where practicable and training staff in a culture where Staff and Managers are aware of their individual responsibilities for the environment and are actively engaged and committed to improving standards of environmental management.”
Jason Herbert Managing Director, Excess International Movers Ltd