Move your goods overseas with the overseas removal experts
We’re international movers with over 30 years’ experience in delivering safe, secure, and efficient overseas removals. We provide an expert service, moving customers to any destination worldwide.
Whether you’re moving abroad for work or you’re looking to start a new adventure with the family, we can help you get there. We know that moving abroad can be daunting so we make it our priority to handle every step of your international removal so you can sit back and focus on other more important things.
We have an exceptional reputation for overseas removals. Our professional service and close attention to detail has won the confidence of both our household and corporate clients.
Why choose Excess for your international removal?
- Door to door international removals. Our expert teams will arrive at your residence, pack and load your belongings and then deliver them to your chosen destination abroad. You won’t have to lift a finger.
- A dedicated move co-ordinator. We provide every customer with a move co-ordinator to organise your overseas removals from start to finish and answer any queries you may have.
- Professional movers. We provide trained packers and movers to pack your possessions in the best industry approved materials, to ensure they are protected during transit.
- Experience. We have over 30 years of experience in delivering international removals to an exceptional standard.
- Flexible transit methods. We tailor our international removals service to meet the needs of our customers. Choose from sea freight, road freight, or air freight when sending your items abroad. If you’re moving on a budget then sea freight would be the best option but if you need your items quickly then air freight is the way to go.
Our international removals service
Our affordable international removals service includes:
- A move co-ordinator to organise your overseas removals from start to finish & answer any queries you may have.
- Packers and movers to pack your possessions in the best industry approved, to ensure they are protected during transit.
- Loading and transportation of your goods onto a shipping container or taken for loading onto air craft.
- Goods cleared, delivered and unloaded at your new home, office, hotel or other end location – or made available to collect at chosen airport.
- International removals fees, customs clearance and terminal fees.
Our international removal transit methods
There are two major transit modes when using our international removals service. Your budget, end location and urgency for your items will help determine the most appropriate method for you.
Sending your goods via Sea Freight
Sea freight is the most economical way to transport your items internationally. It’s important to understand that Sea freight is the slowest of the two transit modes, so it’s advised to allow plenty of time for the delivery of your household effects.
The options when using sea freight are:
- Less Container Load (LCL): If you are shipping the contents of a small apartment, flat, a small office or even just large furniture items from your house – LCL is the best option for you. Your effects are stowed and secured within a shared container and you will only pay for the space your possessions occupy.
- Full Container Load (FCL): FCL is the favoured option for those shipping an entire home or large work offices etc. You will be charged for a 20ft or 40ft container depending on the volume of your international removal .
Get a quote for your international removal from Excess International.
Send your removals via Air Freight
Air freight is the fastest way to move goods worldwide from the United Kingdom. Air freight removals costs are calculated on the total weight of your load so it is more expensive than sending by sea. It is best if you are sending minimal items of furniture, a one bedroom apartment, or one or two specific rooms. When removals arrive at the end destination, there are a number of options, each varying in cost and transit time.
An international removals company you can trust
We work to the highest quality standards within the internationals removals industry. You can rest easy knowing that we are approved and accredited by the following organisations:
- FIDI Global Alliance is the international association which drives best practice in the international moving industry. Excess International holds FIDI’s FAIM plus quality accreditation, which is the highest standard in the industry.
- We are a member of the British Association of Removers and abide by its Code of Practice. We are audited for quality and standards by the BAR each year.
- We are an authorised member and agent of The Movers Trading Club Ltd (MTC) which is a Foreign (non-USA) based ‘Non Vessel Operating Common Carrier’ (NVOCC) registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC).
Choose from a range of international services from The Global Shipping Experts to find information, access frequently asked questions about the service that you need or send a question in our ‘Ask an expert’ feature and we will send you the answer.
Find a selection of customs guides in our knowledge zone.
Check the specific country FAQs
Our knowledge zone is designed to help you find the answers quickly to questions you might have. If you can’t find the answer then use our ‘Ask an Expert’ form to make contact or chat to us on LiveChat on this site.
Latest blog posts
Related services you might be interested in
Choose from a range of international services from The Global Shipping Experts