Removals to USA
Whether you’re moving to Los Angeles or Philadelphia, New York, or Colorado, we’ll help you get there.
Moving to America can be both an exciting and daunting process. The United States is one of the most powerful countries in the world in terms of politics, economics and trade. The cost of living in many cities within the country is relatively low and the majority of people who are based there find that they have a very comfortable standard of life.
What’s included in my quote?
Included in your quote for removals to the USA from the UK:
- A friendly move manager to organise all aspects of your removals & answer any queries.
- A team of movers and packers to pack your belongings in strong industry approved packing materials – provided by Excess.
- Removals loaded onto shipping container or taken for loading onto aircraft, ready for sending to the USA.
- Goods cleared, delivered and unloaded at your home, office, hotel or other location. Or, made available for collection at your chosen airport.
- USA removals fees, terminal fees and customs clearance.
Why choose Excess for your removals to USA?
- 30 years of experience: We have grown to become one of the very best international removal companies in the industry, moving thousands of people to and from America each year.
- Door-to-door service: Your goods will be collected, delivered and unloaded straight at your new home, office or other location in the USA.
- Personal move coordinator: You will be given a friendly and reliable move manager who will organise all aspects of your move, and be on hand to answer your queries and questions.
- A professional moving team: Our removal experts are professionally trained to handle your items with care. They will will pack up your belongings and ensure that they reach your destination in the USA, safely and efficiently.
- Flexibility: Your move will be tailored to suit your needs, to ensure you receive the appropriate level of support and guidance. We provide multiple options when it comes to the transit method, delivery and collection of your belongings, such as collection from your nearest airport in America rather than having them delivered to your door.
How we move your belongings to America
There are two major transit modes when moving your belongings to the USA. Your budget, end location and urgency for your possessions will help determine the most appropriate method for you.
Our team will collect your goods from your residence in the UK and transport them to the port where they will be put on a ship heading for America. Once they have arrived, our team will organise the collection and delivery.
Within the sea freight method, there are multiple options for you to choose from – all of which come with their own benefits. You can choose from:
- Full container load: Your goods will be transported via their own, exclusive container. This method is the most direct. Your items will reach their destination faster, so we recommend this option if you need your effects relatively urgently and are moving a large amount of belongings. You will be charged for a 20ft or 40ft container, depending on the volume of the goods you wish to transport.
- Less container load: Your goods will be transported via a shared container. Space in the container will be split between you and other customers, who will also be shipping their goods to the USA. The consolidation of goods being transported is subject to the freight forwarder. Resultantly, LCL does have a longer transit time but it is more economical as you will only pay for the space your possessions take up.
- Groupage: Your goods will be transported via a shared container, alongside others belongings that are heading for the same destination. You will only pay for the space your possessions take up. This method is very cost effective, but does have a longer transit time. This is because there is a period of consolidation at a warehouse before the consignment is sent to the shipping line. We recommend this option if your volume of goods is less than full container load.
- Baggage: This option is only for transporting your personal effects. It must not include furniture, and one man has to be able to carry it. This is a lower cost method for shipping your personal effects.
It is important to remember that shipping via road freight has a longer transit time, in comparison to air freight.
Our team will pack and load your goods at your UK residence and transport them to the airport. Here, they will be put on a plane heading for the US. When in the US, we will organise their pick up and delivery to your new location. We have various collection options that you can choose from, all which vary in cost and time.
Air freight is the fastest transit method. We predict your effects to take between 5 to 10 days to reach your destination.
The cost is calculated by the total weight of your load, meaning it can work out as the most expensive option. We recommend sending your goods to America via air freight when shipping personal and small belongings.
How does our international removal service work?
- Complete our online quote form. We will then survey your goods, via a video survey app, and give you a free quote.
- We will work with you to organise your move to America.
- On move day, if you have selected a packing service, our packers will arrive at your UK residence to organise your goods for you.
- We will then transport your goods to America, via your chosen transit method.
- Our team will unpack your goods for you, at your new location.
Moving to USA - your questions answered
Removals from USA to UK
Not only does our international removal service cater for moves to the USA, but we also provide removals from the US to the UK. You may be returning to the UK after emigrating to America, or you may be an American citizen relocating to the UK – whatever your situation, we can help.
DO YOU NEED STORAGE IN THE UK?
At Excess International we realise that you may not be travelling directly to the UK and that you may need a place to store your goods until your are ready to receive them.
Excess International can provide safe and secure warehouse storage within a monitored warehouse facility. This flexible service can be tailored to your needs. You can arrange for onward delivery at a time to suit you and pay by convenient direct debit.
Popular destinations for International Removals to USA
Los Angeles, Philadelphia, New York City, Colorado Springs, Houston, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Detroit, Las Vegas, Boston, Washington D.C, Austin, Indianapolis, San Diego, Memphis, Philadelphia, Nashville, Atlanta
Check the specific country FAQs
Our knowledge zone is designed to help you find the answers quickly to questions you might have. If you can’t find the answer then use our ‘Ask an Expert’ form to make contact or chat to us on LiveChat on this site.
Related services you might be interested in
Choose from a range of international services from The Global Shipping Experts