REMOVALS TO SOUTH AFRICA
Are you looking to send your international removals to South Africa? Look no further than Excess International. With over 30 years’ moving experience, we’re proven global shipping experts.
5 reasons to choose Excess for your removals to South Africa
There is often a lot to consider and organise when moving internationally and that is where we can help. We have years of experience moving customers to and from South Africa, and we look forward to helping you with your move.
- Global removal experts: Having had 30 years of experience in the international removals industry, we have proven ourselves as one of the leading global shipping experts. We move thousands of people to South Africa every year with our efficient, door-to-door service.
- Local knowledge: We are extremely experienced in removals to South Africa. Our team have local knowledge and will always be on hand to assist and understand any issues you face during your move.
- Door-to-door service: We will collect your belongings from your UK residence, and deliver and unpack them at your chosen location in South Africa. – you won’t have to worry about them during your move.
- Personal move coordinator: When organising your move with us, you will be assigned an international move manager, who will coordinate your move to South Africa. They will be on hand throughout the whole process to assist you, and provide expert advice.
- A professional move team: Our packers and movers are professionally trained to secure all your possessions in industry-approved packing materials, and ensure they will get shipped to your destination safely and efficiently.
How does our international removals service work?
- Fill out our online quote form on our website. We will survey your goods via a contactless, video survey app, and then give you a free quote.
- We will then work alongside you to organise your move to South Africa.
- If you have chosen to use a packing service, our team will arrive on move day to wrap and pack your goods, ready for your move.
- We will then transport your goods to choose your chosen location in South Africa.
- The team will then unload and unpack your goods for you.
How we move your items to South Africa
There are two methods of transit for sending your goods to South Africa, sea freight and air freight. One method might be more appropriate for your move than the other. The transit option you choose, is completely up to you.
Our team will pack and load your belongings in the UK and transport them to the port, where they will be shipped to your chosen destination in South Africa. When your goods have reached South Africa, our team will organise delivery.
There are a number of sea freight options you can choose from, all of which vary in costs and transit times. Chose from:
- Full container load (FCL): Your goods will be transported in their own, exclusive container. This method is more direct, and your items will reach your destination faster. You will be charged for a 20ft or 40ft container, depending on the volume of goods you are transporting.
- Groupage: Your goods will be transported via a shared container, with other customers’ belongings, heading for the same destination. You will only pay for the space your possessions take up. This method is very cost-effective but does have a longer transit time. We recommend this option if you don’t have a lot of goods to transport.
- Less than container load (LCL): Like groupage, your goods will be transported via a shared container, alongside the belongings of other customers. The goods transported in the container will not all be from the same shipping company and will depend on the shipping line itself. As a result, this option does have a longer transit time. You will only pay for the space your possessions take up.
- Baggage: Your goods will fill gaps in the containers, and therefore is only used to transport personal belongings, rather than furniture. This is a cheaper option for shipping your personal goods.
It is important to note that sea freight has a slower transit time compared to air freight.
We will pack and load your goods in the UK and transport them to the airport, where they will be put on a plane heading for South Africa. When your goods have reached South Africa, our team will organise your goods to be picked up and delivered to your new location. Collection options vary in cost and transit time.
This method is the fastest transit option. We can predict an air freight transit time of 5 to 15 days.
Air freight transportation costs are calculated by the total weight of your load, which means it can work out a the more expensive option. Sending your goods to South Africa via air fright is recommended if you’re sending personal, smaller belongings.
Popular destinations for International Removals to South Africa
Johannesburg, Cape Town, Pietermaritzburg, Pretoria, Evaton, George, Witbank, Bloemfontein, Soshanguve, Port Elizabeth, Durban, Orkney, Rustenburg, Paarl, Queenstown, Ermelo, Polokwane, Mondlo, Sasolburg, Nigel
- Move to or from: South Africa
Click here to download the Customs Guide for South Africa.
Other important documents:
Check the specific country FAQs
Our knowledge zone is designed to help you find the answers quickly to questions you might have. If you can’t find the answer then use our ‘Ask an Expert’ form to make contact or chat to us on LiveChat on this site.
Latest blog posts
Related services you might be interested in
Choose from a range of international services from The Global Shipping Experts